Veneers are mainly used to improve a patient’s tooth form, size, and colour for cosmetic reasons.
This can be accomplished by reshaping teeth, improving their structure or colour, and sealing minor gaps.
Patients have used them for nearly 50 years, and while the procedures have evolved, the goal has remained the same.
Why do people get them?
- They improve your smile
- Fixes any discoloured or stained teeth
- Improves any broken, chipped or damaged teeth
- Fixes small gaps
However, veneers are not the solution in more serious cases such as missing teeth – we recommend seeking treatment from a dental specialist.
Where to find veneer treatment?
Across the UK, multiple dental practices offer veneer treatment.
Here are some of the few we’ve found:
- Glasgow Smile Clinic (Best for planning, Glasgow) More.
- Cowbridge Dental, Vale of Glamorgan. More.
- Ewan Bramley (Best for membership, Newcastle) More.
- Gentle Dental (Best for veneer cost, Surrey) More.
They provide patients with a range of benefits, which is why they purchase them.
- They look just like natural teeth
- Completely stain-resistant
- Tooth shaping is not required
- It can last up to 25 years if taken care of!
How simple is the process?
The typical process is simple, quick and very pain-free for the patient.
A local anaesthetic may be given to the patient before the procedure to prevent discomfort.
The dentist will take impressions and moulds of your teeth, which will be sent to the dental technician who will create your veneer.
The dentist will then match the veneer to the colour of your teeth for a completely natural look.
The mouth’s gums may have a little pain following the treatment, but the discomfort will go away in a few days.
Each dental practice may have its specific procedure when applying veneers – but this is what the majority tend to provide for their patients.